Your Banker May Lie To You Sometimes!Jan 10, 2021
In this post, I share with you a story of mine where a lender pretty much lied to me or at least was telling me something that was significantly inaccurate.
It pays off immensely to be an educated and sophisticated real estate investor, especially in my world of investing in apartment buildings of plus five units because there are many more moving parts than when you invest in small rental properties.
Lenders are sometimes lazy and the law of least effort often applies to their behaviour. Accordingly, they'll tell you stuff just because either it reduces their risks or it makes their lives easier and they think you don't know any better!
In the video, I mention CMHC's Reference Guide. Below is the link for it. Just keep in mind these are just that, guidelines. At the end of the day, lenders and CMHC can do whatever they want. But at least, guidelines are a starting point that enables you to know what the expectations are.
MASTERCLASSES COMING UP
I have a couple of LIVE MASTERCLASSES coming up this month in which I answer all your questions.
1) January 13, 2021 at 5 pm Mountain Time (7pm EST): The Magic of Cap Rates Revealed! (repeat of last year's webinar due to popular demand):
2) January 27, 2021, 5pm Mountain time: Financing Your Multifamily Deals Like a Pro! Brand new content.
OTHER MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- I'm in the process of upgrading the On-Demand course, which means significant improvements and new tools to help you succeed with your multifamily investments;
- My next live Virtual Workshop is scheduled for February 26, 27 & 28, 2021. I'm adding a full afternoon on February 26 to accommodate more case studies analysis in class and of course all the new tools I mentioned above. When you graduate from my workshop, you'll be a pro at crunching numbers for an apartment building deal and getting financing. This is my promise to you!
- EARLY BIRD PRICE FOR VIRTUAL WORKSHOP IS IN EFFECT. With the combo package you get both a seat at the workshop + lifetime access to the on-demand online course with a $1,000 DISCOUNT. Click on this COUPON INVESTING2021 to get this discount.
Keep in mind that my students at the last workshop this past October gave me the highest evaluation ever, 9.7 out of 10.
I hope to see you in one of my upcoming masterclasses or training programs.
Wishing you well!